Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Eh, lately i've been hearing things like "everything happens for a reason" and "well, it's fate" from many different sources. I've been hearing comments like those so often that I've started to believe them and, thusly, begin questioning the silly events surrounding my life.

bad april. bad bad bad.

should i believe my friend when he says he's experienced a miracle, listening as he explains how he got the same amount of money in the mail that he needs for a project? or should i believe someone when he says that me not doing well on my calc. final is a working of fate(you know who you are! =P )? no, i shouldn't... If i get a B in calc it's because i'm stupid and/or lazy, not because the force behind physics deemed it so. =/

okay, maybe if someone pulls you out of a burning building or if, in attempting to shoot yourself on a rooftop, you, completely nervous, end up only grazing yourself with the bullet and falling backwards onto the roof (intsead of forward, off the roof), that's fate. Or maybe fate doesn't work for me, being an unspectacular person. I'd think fate only applies to either spectacular people or spectacular circumstances, not something silly like myself. If everything does happen for a reason, perhaps some of those reasons are trivial; not everything is directly/indirectly caused by something as ethereal as fate.

Soooo, perhaps, if my friend is a spectacular person, his money-in-the-mail thing might be a working of fate. buut.... that doesn't apply to me.

hey maybe not everything happens for a reason! wow! could it possibly be that some things are RANDOM? could it be that, at least sometimes, it just isn't fate?

by the way, that failed attempt at suicide happened to beethoven's nephew, if i remember correctly. correct me if i'm wrong.

No comments: